DEUS Echo Guided Life Support 2019
DEUS partners with EGLS to exclusively provide this internationally renowned point-of-care acute ultrasound course in the Benelux. This course is designed so that participants can spend as much time as possible practicing the techniques demonstrated in the theoretical sections. The 1:4 instructor-to-participant ratio encourages interaction between participants and instructors, thus facilitating learning.
Datum & locatie
|03-06-2019||08:15 - 18:00||Houten|
The course aims to introduce participants to the ultrasound approach of the hemodynamically unstable patient. This course is aimed at two audiences: medical providers who are knowledgeable about ultrasound and want to consolidate their knowledge, and novices who would like to be introduced to it.
08:15-08:20: Introduction (theory)
08:20-09:00: Lung ultrasound (theory)
09:00-10:15: Lung (practical)
10:15-11:00: Subcostal/IVC & the State of the circulation (theory)
11:00-12:00: Subcostal and inferior vena cava view (practical)
12:00-12:45: Lunch is provided. Coffee and snacks will also be served.
12:45-13:30: Complementary cardiac views (theory)
13:30-15:00: Complementary cardiac views (practical)
15:00-16:00: Algorithmic approach to shock (EGLS)
16:00-17:45: EGLS (practical)
17:45-18:00: Conclusion (theory)
- Categorize undifferentiated shock via an algorithmic approach;
- Identify pneumothorax and interstitial syndrome with lung ultrasound;
- Identify the signs of obstructive shock (tamponade, pulmonary embolism);
- Qualitatively assess left ventricular function;
- Assess the inferior vena cava;
- Assess volemia and fluid responsiveness potential.